Birthday 40



My birthday was fabulous! I am embracing turning 40. Age is just a number, a mark of time of how many times I've been around the sun. Age does not defy me. Yes, I have wrinkles around my eyes, stretch marks and a grey hair or two. I am also am the healthiest I've ever been in my entire life. I know that I can get faster and stronger. This is just the begining! 


Mr. W can't keep a secret to save his life. He orchestrated a small gathering of my nearby friends and their families. It was informal and fun. Mr. W went above and beyond my wildest dreams in gifting me a new Garmin watch that does pretty much everything but talk to me and make dinner. The girls together made my favorite cake, red velvet. Olivia did the baking and Vivian did a beautiful job decorating my cake in true Vivian flair and style. It was delicious. 


I am excited to try out my new Lifeproof arm and bike mounts for my iPhone. I train mostly solo so even with my new Garmin watch I still want to have my phone with me so I can call fo help or return a phone call from the girls or Mr. W. Also I want Mr. W to be able to track me on long runs and bike rides. It's my piece of mind. 


The picture of Mr. W and I is one of my favorite picture of the night. I am wearing the special "I'm Old" birthday hat. It's a Williams Family tradition, that my sister-in-law Paige started over ten years ago. The hat is passed around Williams family members when they celebrate milestone birthdays. After you celebrate you sign it and note the # birthday you celebrated. 

Thank you for for all of the birthday wishes. It was a fabulous day. Thank you to my friends who made my day so special. The next decade is going to be amazing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Race of 2016: Easy Like Sunday Morning

Don't Under Estimate the Motivational Power of the Sound of Cowbells: ElkHorn Relay 2016 Race Report

Live Your Life Like One Long Holiday